Facebook Twitter YouTube WWW @

Saturday 11 April 2015

Day 9: This is Not a Calligram

Day 9 is late, and I have no excuse. Sorry and all that. The prompt was to play with shape when writing a poem, but I think I'd like to leave that until I can sit down and do it properly, so in the meantime, I've written this. I'd like to dedicate it to Larry, who the poem is about. - K

*** 

flop
into your seat
stare at your knees
let the day bow your head
no specific incident
nothing you can pinpoint
just
repetition
the same work
again
the same place
again
the same train
again
the same roar and rattle
and shudder to the next stop
again

then everything changes
there is a Dog.
On the Underground.

Pads on quietly
Sits on command
Belly on floor
Chin on paws

A Dog.

An Unexpected
Unremarkable
Dog

And the whole day is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment